Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oliver 6 months

Boy time is flying!! Can't believe my baby is almost 6 months old!!

Stats: 18lbs (57%tile)
          26.75 inches (59%tile)
          Head 17.13" (40%tile)

St. Patrick's Day 2012. Oliver 6 months, Elijah 2.75 years.


5 months

 "How much is that Doggy in the Window?" 5 months

 Enjoying his Oatmeal! 5.5 months

5.5 months-Holding own bottle, bomb.

4 months

In his Sunday best- 4.5 months


-Oliver is the sweetest, happiest baby. He only cries when he's hungry or tired. That's it. Oh and if Elijah runs up to him really fast and screams in his face, scaring him :). Oliver is very mellow and easy going. He will happily fall asleep in his carseat with a little bit of swinging or movement wherever we are. And he'll even fall asleep in my arms! Which I LOVE. Such a snuggler. He's much more mellow than I remember Elijah being or maybe I've just mellowed out. Probably both.
-He's starting to be very vocal about when he wants to be held and not left alone. Sometimes he'll just scream when I put him down and walk away. He's stares at me like, "Where are you going?! Come pick me up!" He loves to be held. I may have another mama's boy on my hands. Which I don't mind for one second. I love my babies!
-Is only getting one bottle of breastmilk now. I am done pumping. And I can proudly say I pumped for what felt like FOREVER and my baby got mostly breastmilk for the first 6 months + of his life. I'm so glad I stuck it out. And if anyone gives me a hard time about it, I could just punch them in the face :) (You wouldn't believe how vocal some people are about breastfeeding in our ward. Unbelievable.)
-Sleeps like a champ. 7-7. Two 2-3 hour naps a day. With a little cat nap in the evenings. Loves to be swaddled up really tight.
-Rolls around really well. He seems much more active with his body than Elijah was. He'll inch worm around a little on his tummy and slowly go around in a circle while on his tummy.
-Can almost sit up by himself. He just doesn't sit still very long. He likes kicking his legs too much.
-Loves jumping in his exercauser.
-Eats 5 times a day. Tried oatmeal and loved it. He's catching on to this 'eating from a spoon' thing.
-Is starting to put everything in his mouth and chewing on it.
-Is mastering the art of taking his binky in and out.
-He and Elijah have started interacting more. Elijah makes funny noises or plays peek-a-boo and Oliver laughs it up. They are so cute together.
-When I put him down to sleep he loves when I stroke his face and rock him back in forth. Then I put his softy blanket next to his face and he starts to drift off to sleep. So precious. I treasure these days because I know too soon that he won't want to snuggle like that with me.

1 comment:

Mom A said...

What a doll! He's getting so big. Can't wait until July to see you all. Blessings to you for posting!