So I realize Elijah is almost 1 and I should update on the last month before I do his big birthday post. We celebrated Father's Day with breakfast in bed and taking Elijah to Relief Society with me and a requested dinner of steaks, corn on the cob, and potato salad. The following week was Matt's 29th birthday! Only one more year til the big 3-0! He gets so spoiled with it being so close to Father's Day! I made another requested dinner of Scalloped Potatoes and Ham. He also used his bday dough and got himself an iPhone. For the 4th of July we had the missionaries over for dinner and grilled some steaks, then on Monday we went to our friends the Ashton's for a little party with some other families. I was a little nervous about all the loud fireworks going off all weekend but Elijah slept right through them. And I'm sad to say he didn't get to see any this year. You see this child enjoys his sleep, and if he's not in bed by between 7 and 8, he becomes a monster the likes you've never seen before. So maybe next year little buddy!
Matt's Birthday and Father's Day!

The weekend after the 4th we went and saw WICKED! It was AWESOME! I'm definitely seeing it again! We went to dinner with our friends the Knights and Crosby's to the Cheesecake Factory then we all took off for the theater. This was Elijah's first time actually being with the babysitter versus just being asleep when we go out. He was a mess. He has hit a phase where he DOES NOT like anyone but his mommy or daddy. We snuck out while he was eating his favorite Elmo soup hoping that would distract him and he'd forget about us. Yeah right! Melaina(the sitter) said he lost it and was inconsolable. I told her if that happened that they should go on a walk since he loves those. I, however; forgot to mention that he takes after me and the mosquitoes think he is a buffet. The next morning I counted 22 bites on his legs. 22! Elijah wasn't going to bed very easily so Melaina's mom Stephany- an angel of a woman- came over and put him to bed. He was out like a light after that. Thank goodness! I called right before the play started and he had just gone to bed, so I didn't have to worry anymore. Phew! I think we need to have the sitter come play with him more so he's used to her.

(Me and Matt in downtown Houston)
Also in June Mom and Dad A. came to visit us. We LOVE having visitors! Elijah had fun getting to know his grandma and grandpa.We had fun playing and eating at some new restaurants while being there Hub to all their desired Texas locations. We went to the Houston Space Center, which was pretty cool. It is really catered towards kids so that's good for future activities.
(reading with Grandma A.)
 |
| The Silver Jedi |
 |
| Silly Grandma |
 |
| I'm tired |
 |
On the way home!
A fun little dancing video- And don't mind my huffing and puffing it's just for dramatic affect :) |
|
|
2 comments:
he is so cute! love the dancing video! so funny!
I haven't read any blogs forever. So cute! We love coming to visit. see you in a month or so.
Post a Comment