Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Sunday: 19 weeks

This week we had our first homeowner catastrophe. Matt was leaving for work at around 6:30 and he noticed that water was bubbling all over the front yard and spilling into the streets. He figured it was probably just a broken sprinkler and called me later to see if I could turn it off for him. Come to find out it was definitely not a broken sprinkler but the main water pipe to our house was broken!! Matt tells me you gotta go into this hole by the side of the yard and turn the water off to the house. Well seeing as I a) had a hair appointment and needed water to wash their hair and b) there was no way I was reaching my hand down into some big, deep, water filled hole with my bare hand- Matt caught the next bus home to come and take care of it. Now I easily could have called our homebuilder to have them come and fix it asap, but seeing as they went BANKRUPT a few months ago we were pretty much on our own if we didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for someone else to fix it. Luckily our neighbor Stephanie had her brother at her house and he is a jack of all trades and was so helpful with telling us what we needed to get and how to do it. Long story short, Matt fixed it (because he's amazing like that) and we have a big muddy patch in the front yard at the moment. So much for having the nicest yard on the block- maybe next year. We also were finally caught and asked to give talks at church today. I guess that's what I get for doing the 1st counselor's wife's hair. But it was actually very rewarding. We were asked to speak on temples. I managed to get most of my tears and blubbering out at home when I read my talk for Matt, so I didn't completely fall apart at the pulpit. Matt's talk was great. I love that man. Here are some pictures of the lawn fiasco:

The Pipe. The joint had completely busted off.
Matt enjoying digging up mud. I being in my preciously pregnant state, sat by on a chair with a water bottle, wearing shorts and a t-shirt achieving the first sun burn of the season. Life is rough :) (Matt's Edit: The reason I have the towel under my knees is because the grass irritates my eczema. I could care less about getting dirty.)

Baby Sunday: 19 weeks

Belly Shot: Ok this picture does not do my belly justice. I feel huge. And I'm not even halfway yet, boy am I in trouble. It's like a constant fullness. That skirt was once my "I'm bloated and don't want anything clingy" skirt. Now it's close to being the only skirt that doesn't make me look like I'm trying to squeeze into something I shouldn't be.

Obsessions/Rampages: We made a trip to IKEA this weekend and I found a cute crib I want. I've decided I'm going to splurge on a nice comfy rocker for the baby room, so I'll go a little less expensive on the crib for now. I scored on some adorable bedding on Ebay that I hope is as cute in person. It's got little vintage airplanes and helicopters on it. I was thinking about going for a more simple, patterned bedding, but I couldn't find any that I loved and Matt likes the bedding with boy stuff on it better. We'll see once it arrives. I've started slathering stretch mark cream all over already. I know that stuff probably doesn't work and it's all genetics but I'm not taking any chances. If I can prevent even once stretch mark, I'll do it! My skin has been amazing the last few weeks, pregnancy is definitely agreeing with my face...sweet.

Elations/Worries: I can feel baby boy moving all the time. He freaks out after meal time! It feels like a little flutter and sometimes a soft kick, or at least what I think is a kick. I get all excited and tell Matt to put his hand on my tummy, but baby is still too little for Dad to feel anything. You should see Matt's face when he can't feel it. It's a cross between sadness and jealousy. Adorable. Also, one great thing about being prego- Matt thinks I'm the most beautiful creature alive!! Seriously. I mean he thought I was beautiful before but now he's always playing with the fat rolls on my stomach and HE LOVES IT! It is the funniest thing ever. That may be too intimate of a detail for some of you, but I guess you can stop reading if you'd like:)
Worries: I've just been pondering about the future of our boy and what I would do in this situation of that. Trying to prep myself for what lies ahead. The world can be a scary place to send your baby out into. I'm the Achievement Days leader for the 10-11 year old girls at church and I'm astounded by some of the things that they say go on in their schools. I mean I knew things happened but now it's become a common trend for girls to make-out with boys all the time and bully each other in horrendous ways. I barely knew boys existed when I was 10!! Luckily I'll have a few years before I have to deal with all that. For now I can enjoy the little guy growing inside me.

Aversions/Cravings: I'm sad to say that this part of the baby sunday may be getting shorter and shorter. I eat pretty much everthing. I'm just a little more particular about how a food is prepared or looks. I've given up my frequent cake binges due to the increase in headaches that I now get. I don't think the sugar rushes helped much. I drink like a fish(as in water). I've gotten back into cooking regular dinners now which I'm sure Matt is very happy about. Although that man is sooo easy to please. I asked him what he wanted for dinner today and he said, "Pork and Beans with hot dogs cut up in it." Alright! Coming right up! Easiest dinner ever. Again, I love that man!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For those of you who read this but don't live here in Houston where Matt and Megan are....I just want all of you to know that Megan is NOT huge!! I just saw her on Thursday and her belly is still so little. She looks adorable and I know she will be just as adorable at 9 months! Don't let her fool you!

Kyle and Katie said...

Matt....pork and beans? Really? Oh Megan I can't wait to see the belly in person in May.

Mom A said...

Just toss a little cheddar on top of those hot dogs and beans and you'll have "Weenie Beenie Bake"--one of my fab five when we first got married.

Lara said...

I love that you have a "rampages" section. So hilarious.
My stretch marks showed up within the last two weeks. Up til that point I was so excited thinking it wasn't going to happen, then a short time later I looked like a tiger had attacked me. Nice.
My shirt's from Forever 21 and jeans from the buckle. I'm loving the flowy shirts right now since I'm still in my fat/not looking preg yet stage.

Mom A said...

Matt, good job on the pipe fixing. Welcome to the joys of being a homeowner! You will become a jack of all trades!