Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baby Sunday: 17 weeks

When I think of this week, I have nothing pop into my head. Then I ask Matt and I realize we didn't really do a whole lot this week. I had a hair appointment on Monday. Surprisingly I've been getting a ton of clients in our new ward so that is really fun. But apparently it's ILLEGAL to do hair in your home in good ole Texas. Yeah super dumb, I know. Probably because people don't report the income on their taxes but we always do. The rest of the week revolved around Activity days for church, tennis for Matt, and putting up more pictures in the house as we decide where we want things for sure. That's it. If anyone wants to come visit and make our life more exciting you are more than welcome:) hint hint. I think we are going to go to the Rodeo this week so next weeks post should be more exciting.

Baby Sunday
I was going to post a belly shot, but nothing has changed since last week. I think I'll post belly shots once a month or so depending on girth of my stomach.

Obsessions/Rampages: I've got so much more energy this week. I work out 4 times a week and not those pansy work outs that I used to do a month ago, but the sweat your guts out kind, and I always feel sooo good afterwards. Love this new energy thing. I'm obsessed with blowing my nose at night and in the mornings. I have a chronic stuffy nose and sneeze, but only at those times in the day. I have a humidifier in our room which helps, but it feels like a sauna sometimes due to the fact that it's already like 50% humidity here. So we run out of toilet paper really fast from me not only peeing all the time, but also blowing my nose. And my complexion has been stellar this week, I'm hoping it stays that way...forever:)

Elations/Worries: Elated with my little belly. I love it! I find myself always rubbing it and holding it. I'm sure to an outsider it looks like I'm scratching away at a nasty rash or something on my donut induced gut, but I can't help it, it's so amazing that I have a little person inside me! No worries this week everything is just great!

Aversions/Cravings: This week has been a momentus occasion in the food department. I ate meat!! Only a couple bites, but still I ate it! We went to Outback, which is currently the ONLY restaurant I will go to because it doesn't smell funny and I can get a salad and baked potato-my new favorite dinner. Anyways, Matt ordered a steak and it looked nice and salty and juicy so I asked for a taste and was rejoicing when I found its flavor very appealing. And my new favorite lunch combo is a sandwhich with lots of mustard, just a little mayo, shredded cheese, 4 slices of tomato, and get this BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES! It really is the best thing I've ever tasted in my life. My mom would make something similar growing up and now I have rediscovered it. I ate it 4 days in a row for lunch. I think I may add cucumbers to it next time for more crunch. yum yum yum. We also bought girl scout cookies this week, which I can already tell you was a bad idea. I have to be careful I don't eat a whole sleeve in one sitting. Salad always sounds good still and all other meats are out of the question for the time being. Overall the aversions are subsiding some and food is my second husband:)

4 comments:

Mom A said...

Isn't a whole sleeve of cookies one serving? I think I heard that somewhere.

Mom A said...

Hey, can you make a little studio in your garage or something or is it illegal ANYWHERE in your home? How about if you do your client's hair in their own home and then charge?

Alisha said...

That's nice you have so much energy! Um...please tell me you are going to cut hair still. PLEASE! PLEASE! :)

Cher said...

Look at Mom, always coming up with some clever idea to get around the rules...
Grandma Merrill would make me a snack of bread and butter pickles with a slice of cheddar cheese on a triscuit cracker. She made this for me every day while she was staying with us. It was one of the first things I could keep down and it was yumm-o. Yay for pickles- sock it to all those Anderton pickle haters! :) I love you all!