Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I just love the 4th of July! The heat, the food, the parade, I love it! Matt (happily) and I (grumpily) woke up at 7am this morning to go save spots on Center Street and there was hardly anywhere to place our blanket...and the parade didn't start til 9! Crazy Utahns. We went with the Dover Clan and the Militoni's and had a great time. Some of the highlights were as follows: 1) finding out that Olivia may be a band geek when she enters high school; every time a marching band came by she would get up and start stomping her feet just like the marchers, it was hilarious! GO BANDIES!, 2) seeing a float from the Institue of Religion basically encouraging everyone to get married; they substituted "temple" for "chapel" in the "Chapel of Love" song, it was quite adorable and funny, 3) also some guy was handing out fun, fake million dollar bills with anti-Mormon literature on the back (seriously how UNclassy is that), 4) and of course the best highlight was seeing all of the soldiers and veterans of war. I had to keep myself from tearing up. Those men and women are the reason we are able to be what we are today. Thank you to all those brave men and women out there past, present and future who serve our country so that we can have our independence. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

2 comments:

Amy D. said...

How are you blogging?? I came home and crashed and just woke up. My..that was exhausting, but fun. Thanks for the BBQ and good company.

Mom A said...

I LOVE parades. So glad you all could go. Thanks for saving seats early. One day, you'll be glad someone does it for you and your little ones!